Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars
Phoenix Kart Racing Association
Phoenix Kart Racing Association ->  General discussion -> General -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Banquet this Saturday afternoon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> GeneralMessage format

Aaron LaRoque
Posted 2014-01-08 12:49 PM (#17187)
Subject: Banquet this Saturday afternoon

PKRA Secretary / Points

The banquet for the Spring 2013 and Summer 2013 series is this Saturday afternoon from 3 until 8. I have heard a number of people are not coming because of supercross. However, I just wanted to let you know we will do the trophy presentations first so those who have supercross tickets can leave by 5 or so and can thus attend both events. Please pre-register for the event if you plan to attend, thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Curtis Ruth
Posted 2014-01-08 6:09 PM (#17188 - in reply to #17187)
Subject: Re: Banquet this Saturday afternoon

PKRA Champion

Originally it was listed on the ticket page that it is starting at 4 pm. Is it going to be 4, or 3?

Is the plan to do the trophies before the dinner?

If one decides to bug out before dinner, after receiving their trophy, would they then not need to pay for a ticket, as they are not getting the full value?

I feel that it defeats the purpose of even having the celebration of our champions and cheapens the experience by making these changes.

This is an event that is designed to promote comraderie amongst the membership and has always proven so.
Aaron LaRoque
Posted 2014-01-09 3:19 PM (#17189 - in reply to #17188)

PKRA Secretary / Points

I just saw the ticket sale says 4, that I believe was a mistake, when I booked it with Alan Rudolph, he wanted us to start early at 3 and be cleaned up and gone by 8. At the board meeting Monday, Russ confirmed the event was planned from 3 to 8. If people show up at 4, thats fine. Let me rephrase the trophies. IF there are people there who have a trophy coming to them, and they were not planning on coming to the banquet because they have supercross tickets, but they WILL BUY a ticket and come to the banquet so they can get their trophy, then we will accomodate them and make sure they get recognized and get their trophy early so they can leave in time to make their event. I only know of 1 family in this situation right now in Kid Karts. If we don't need to hand out the trophies early because nobody is in a hurry to leave because of supercross, then we will not have to do that and we can stick with our original plan, which was to hand out the spring trophies before dinner, and the summer trophies after dinner.

Edited by Aaron LaRoque 2014-01-09 3:21 PM
Curtis Ruth
Posted 2014-01-09 4:19 PM (#17190 - in reply to #17189)

PKRA Champion

Cool. Thanx for the clarification. See you Saturday afternoon. Should be fun.
george yandell
Posted 2014-01-10 7:11 PM (#17191 - in reply to #17187)

Having never been to one of our banquets before, im not sure what the dress attire is? Casual, Business casual, shorts & flip flops? lol
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Phoenix Kart Racing Association 2009
(Delete all cookies set by this site)