Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars
Phoenix Kart Racing Association
Phoenix Kart Racing Association ->  General discussion -> General -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seeking Advice
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> GeneralMessage format

Gianni Basso
Posted 2013-09-09 5:02 PM (#16776)
Subject: Seeking Advice

Hi!

My name is Gianni Basso, and I am here seeking a little bit of advice from the advanced karters. For about a year now, I have been looking into the world of competitive kart racing. So far, the "beginner" class seems to be TAG? I have had several years of "fun" racing at Racers Edge, K1, Octane, and F1 Boston. With turning 15 next month,
It appears I would be in TAG senior? If so, what would be a good general chassis/engine setup? Looking for options new and used, as well as local part support.

Any information for a new karter posted would be greatly appreciated! If I left any information out, please let me know. Thank you for your time and help!

-Gianni
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Veerachart Murphy
Posted 2013-09-09 8:39 PM (#16777 - in reply to #16776)
Subject: Re: Seeking Advice

Past PKRA Board Member

Welcome Gianni. The "beginner" class as you call it may be considered World Formula the motor and horse power would be very close to the indoor karts you have been driving. Also currently it is the largest group racing at this track. Tag motors will have a little more horse power but more important not many racing in Tag SR or Jr right now. Rotax is another option where a Sr. Rotax motor would allow you to race in both the Bondurant series or as a Tag Sr. The 125 shifter class is also fairly large but not recommended for a beginner.

If you want to keep cost down and have the most fun I say for you World Formula. If you are looking for something with just a little speed then Rotax because of its flexibility to run multiple classes.

There are many kart shops that advertise on here, any of them are capable of supporting you with parts and advise. As far as karts go.....well we all have our favorites.

If your going World Formula you must talk to Bernie at Surfers

If you want to go Rotax AZ kart werx is one of the certified shops.

Good luck and see you on the track

Edited by Veerachart Murphy 2013-09-09 8:40 PM
Gianni Basso
Posted 2013-09-09 8:59 PM (#16778 - in reply to #16777)

Veerachart Murphy - 2013-09-09 8:39 PM

Welcome Gianni. The "beginner" class as you call it may be considered World Formula the motor and horse power would be very close to the indoor karts you have been driving. Also currently it is the largest group racing at this track. Tag motors will have a little more horse power but more important not many racing in Tag SR or Jr right now. Rotax is another option where a Sr. Rotax motor would allow you to race in both the Bondurant series or as a Tag Sr. The 125 shifter class is also fairly large but not recommended for a beginner.

If you want to keep cost down and have the most fun I say for you World Formula. If you are looking for something with just a little speed then Rotax because of its flexibility to run multiple classes.

There are many kart shops that advertise on here, any of them are capable of supporting you with parts and advise. As far as karts go.....well we all have our favorites.

If your going World Formula you must talk to Bernie at Surfers

If you want to go Rotax AZ kart werx is one of the certified shops.

Good luck and see you on the track

Veerachart,

Thank you for your reply! Just a quick question for you, since the age on the PKRA websites states 16 for the World Formula and 16 for the Tag Senior, being 15, will I still be allowed to race in the class/classes?
Veerachart Murphy
Posted 2013-09-10 6:32 AM (#16779 - in reply to #16776)

Past PKRA Board Member

If you will be 16 this year you are good, otherwise you will require approval to do so. The chassis will be the same for Jr or SR but motors will not. You really want to go Sr since your so close anyways so your not rebuying a motor or converting a Jr motor to a Sr motor (rotax)
Mark Gorton
Posted 2013-09-10 5:20 PM (#16781 - in reply to #16779)

World Formula is a great choice to get started. Definitely want to talk to Bernie Lacotta about it, he will give you more information then you can handle. I know recently Curtis at Innovative Karting had some nice used karts for sale at a good price, not sure if they sold already or not. Might want to look into that as well. I think Bernie even had one for sale if it hasn't sold yet.
Gianni Basso
Posted 2013-09-10 8:53 PM (#16782 - in reply to #16781)

Can someone post a link to a competitive & currently excelling engine for World Formula and TAG? Also, earlier I was taking a look at the Top Kart chassis, any opinions?
Veerachart Murphy
Posted 2013-09-10 9:21 PM (#16783 - in reply to #16776)

Past PKRA Board Member

Not sure what u are asking ? A competitive used motor? As far as top kart goes its a well respected brand but no local dealers that I know of so you won't be able to walk into a shop and get a part you will have to mail order it
Gianni Basso
Posted 2013-09-11 6:24 AM (#16784 - in reply to #16783)

As far as the engine goes, a completive new/used, whatever is available. Thank you for your help
Bernie Lacotta
Posted 2013-09-11 6:55 AM (#16785 - in reply to #16776)

PKRA Board Member

Gianni, I can provide new World Formula engines and also blueprinted upgrades. World Formula is a very cost effective class. Please call me for more info. Hot trying to sell anything, just want to answer any questions you may have. Call anytime, 623 225 9407. Bernie
Gianni Basso
Posted 2013-09-11 7:16 AM (#16786 - in reply to #16785)

Bernie Lacotta - 2013-09-11 6:55 AM

Gianni, I can provide new World Formula engines and also blueprinted upgrades. World Formula is a very cost effective class. Please call me for more info. Hot trying to sell anything, just want to answer any questions you may have. Call anytime, 623 225 9407. Bernie

Thank you for your reply Bernie, and will be in touch soon!
Veerachart Murphy
Posted 2013-09-11 10:02 AM (#16787 - in reply to #16776)

Past PKRA Board Member

A young kid last year dessimated the entire field with a straight out of the box motor and a 10 year old kart
Gianni Basso
Posted 2013-09-11 2:12 PM (#16788 - in reply to #16785)

Edited by Gianni Basso 2013-09-11 2:13 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Phoenix Kart Racing Association 2009
(Delete all cookies set by this site)