Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars
Phoenix Kart Racing Association
Phoenix Kart Racing Association ->  General discussion -> Rotax Karts -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll Rotax Points Structure for new season
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> Rotax KartsMessage format

Rotax Points Structure for new season
OptionResults
Keep existing points structure4 Votes - [57.14%]
Go to Rotax points structure3 Votes - [42.86%]

Aaron LaRoque
Posted 2013-08-29 11:11 AM (#16754)
Subject: Rotax Points Structure for new season

PKRA Secretary / Points

Alan and I have been discussing going to the Rotax points structure starting for the winter series this fall. The current points structure we have been using is following IKF points structure and awards points only for main event. Before we go to the Rotax points structure, we wanted to get feedback from the members of the club who are participating in the series. On a side note, please remember that to be included in the championship points hunt, you must be a rotax member or your points earned in the race you were not a member will not be counted towards the championship.

The following is the Rotax points structure.

Qualifying pole position is awarded 5 points.
The first 10 positions in the pre-final are awarded points, with 1st place receiving 10 points and 10th place receiving 1 point.
The main event points structure would be as follows, with additional points added for number of karts in the race (field fillers) and a 5 point bonus for fast lap in the main event.
-01- 100
-02- 90
-03- 82
-04- 76
-05- 70
-06- 65
-07- 60
-08- 55
-09- 50
-10- 45
-11- 41
-12- 37
-13- 33
-14- 29
-15- 25
-16- 22
-17- 19
-18- 16
-19- 13
-20- 10
-21- 08
-22- 06
-23- 04
-24- 02
-25- 01
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Curtis Ruth
Posted 2013-08-29 10:47 PM (#16755 - in reply to #16754)
Subject: Re: Rotax Points Structure for new season

PKRA Champion

We used to run a system with bonus points for fast lap, heat race points and main points. When we went to the pill draw system we used only the feature results to pay points. Running the pill draw system again, at least for the adult classes would be ideal for increasing the fun factor and putting importance on strong heat race results to position t ou for the feature. Which is the race that matters.

There are many ways to go about scoring. All if them have plusses and minuses. At the end of the day the race day what matters is hiw you finish the main. All of the rest is just practice leading up to the main.
Andy Seesemann
Posted 2013-10-03 11:57 AM (#16876 - in reply to #16754)

Aaron,

That is not the "official" Rotax points system. The Rotax system awards 34, 33, 32.. points for the prefinal and 55,54,53... points for the final.

The above mentioned system was completely made up by me.

I think that it works very well and every year, one or more of the Rotax Challenge of the Americas championships comes down to whoever sets the fast lap of the main on the final Sunday of the series.

You are welcome to use it.

Andy
Aaron LaRoque
Posted 2013-10-04 12:37 PM (#16879 - in reply to #16876)

PKRA Secretary / Points

Andy,

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing then other series like your point structure, as Can-Am pretty much copied it also. I'll talk to Alan and see if he wants to use the system that your series and Can-Am is using, works pretty well and puts weight on the qualifying and the pre-final.
Aaron LaRoque
Posted 2013-10-16 4:01 PM (#16938 - in reply to #16754)
Subject: RE: Rotax Points Structure for new season

PKRA Secretary / Points

Starting this October 20th, we will go to the new scoring system for the Bondurant series. This scoring system not only puts emphasis on the main event, but awards points for a strong qualifying event, your finishing position in the pre-final, as well as a bonus 5 points to the fastest lap setter in the main event. This type of scoring system allows competitors to acrue points throughout the race day in a variety of ways.

Trophies for the race are awarded for your finishing position in the main event, not on your points acrued for that race.
Stewart Willis
Posted 2013-10-16 9:57 PM (#16941 - in reply to #16754)

Aaron,
Are we definitely going to be qualifying at all races now>? Or might they still decide to run the two heats and a main?

Also, just a heads up, I would check the difficulty of programming the points system into Orbitz or understand the way to create the proper spreadsheet. When I ran the IKF R7 we had points for heat races and it was a HUGE pain to process when you consider drops.
Aaron LaRoque
Posted 2013-10-16 10:12 PM (#16942 - in reply to #16941)

PKRA Secretary / Points

We will be running qualifying, prefinal, and main for Rotax classes for now. As far as the spreadsheet for the points, its already done and tested. The points sheet we have been using since august is already setup this way i have just been entering data that gives no points for qualifing and prefinal, it also drops lowest non DQ score.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Phoenix Kart Racing Association 2009
(Delete all cookies set by this site)