Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars
Phoenix Kart Racing Association
Phoenix Kart Racing Association ->  General discussion -> General -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting new members
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> GeneralMessage format

Veerachart Murphy
Posted 2013-05-27 6:13 AM (#16551)
Subject: Getting new members

Past PKRA Board Member

I am bringing a friend to the track and allowing them to run my kart to introduce them to karting. When it really hit me, that if each member would just bring 1 person to the track (family,friend,neighbor) that some thing like this could have a real snowball effect. Even if that person didn't take to karting but relayed the information to other people that would. How great would that be for our sport and our track.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bernie Lacotta
Posted 2013-05-27 9:55 AM (#16553 - in reply to #16551)
Subject: Re: Getting new members

PKRA Board Member

That pretty much sums up how the WF class grew!
B. Sanders
Posted 2013-08-22 8:43 PM (#16739 - in reply to #16551)

Agreed. Im planning to bring my friend out this Saturday to try my kart. Im pretty confident once he takes it around the track a few laps, he will be hooked.
Money question: If he runs the kart once, will he be required to pay the full $35 non member fee?
Aaron Hernandez
Posted 2013-08-23 8:05 PM (#16740 - in reply to #16551)
Subject: RE: Getting new members

Past PKRA Board Member

and it works....I brought my 20 year old nephew out and let him drive my kart, within 2 weeks he bought his own wf kart, became a member and raced his first race last weekend..he even went to practice yesterday without me.
Jim Wooldridge, Jr.
Posted 2013-08-29 7:00 AM (#16753 - in reply to #16551)
Subject: Membership Building

PKRA President

Fellow Racers,

Membership building is a constant goal at PKRA and the board approved a measure that allows a current member to bring a non-member to the track for a one time introductory test drive in the members kart. The cost to the non-member is $10 and the non-members contact information for record keeping, name, address, and email.

Pass the information on and bring your friends out, the track workers will work with you to make sure we put the new driver out in a safe environment.

Thanks,
Jim Wooldridge, Jr
Bryan Casebolt
Posted 2013-08-30 10:07 AM (#16756 - in reply to #16551)

Past PKRA President; PKRA Champion

This has been added to the PKRA Rules and Regulations under section 300.2 Membership.

5. One Time Guest Membership: A Gold or Platinum Member in good standing may bring a non-member Guest to drive the members kart. This is a “One Time” per guest introductory test drive.
a. A Member may bring one or two Guests at a time and the Member must be present during the session.
b. The Guest Membership will be $10.00 per driver and the Member will pay their normal practice fee for the session.
c. The Guest will be required to fill out a Guest Membership form so PKRA can track guest member activity. The collected information may be shared with the local kart shops.
d. Depending on how busy the track is the Guest will only be guaranteed three five minute sessions on the track. If the track is not busy additional sessions may be available. The time available will be decided by the PKRA employee running practice and their decision will be final.
e. If the Non-Member has their own kart they will have to pay normal Non-Member practice fees or become a member.

The updated Rules and Regulations will be published soon.
Nick Guynn
Posted 2013-08-31 11:00 PM (#16758 - in reply to #16551)

Awesome. who wants to be be my friend, Maybe a shifter cart and regular cart. was just at Innovative karting today and hoping to get involved soon.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Phoenix Kart Racing Association 2009
(Delete all cookies set by this site)