Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars
Phoenix Kart Racing Association
Phoenix Kart Racing Association ->  General discussion -> General -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Affordable Cadet Class
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> GeneralMessage format

Bernie Lacotta
Posted 2013-04-04 7:10 AM (#16360)
Subject: Affordable Cadet Class

PKRA Board Member

I have been asked by a few parents about a 4 cycle Cadet Class and I have put together a very cost effective package. Read more in the Briggs& Stratton forum.

Edited by Bernie Lacotta 2013-04-04 7:11 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aaron LaRoque
Posted 2013-04-04 10:10 AM (#16361 - in reply to #16360)
Subject: RE: Affordable Cadet Class

PKRA Secretary / Points

I personally like the idea of having two cadet classes, and like a lot of tracks, an affordable 4-stroke motor is preferred. They are sealed and go all season without a rebuild. In Utah where we raced all last season, their largest classes were the 4-stroke jr 1 and jr 2 classes (up there they run the honda motors but same concept), and just about ALL the kids who were in the micromax and minimax classes also raced in the 4-stroke classes. They got more racing in, and the 4-stroke classes are a little slower and really promote tight racing, and teaching racecraft. Im in on this class if we can get it going.
Bernie Lacotta
Posted 2013-04-04 3:09 PM (#16364 - in reply to #16360)
Subject: Re: Affordable Cadet Class

PKRA Board Member

As far as being slower,the Lo206 will have to have a proper restrictor to slow them down. This program has been run in Canada the past couple of years with great success. There are a few details to be worked out,I was under the impression that the Cadet class was 8- 12 yrs. old. The key to this class is that the engine is out of the equation. It has been proven they are quite equal, the difference in performance will show up in set-up but primarily in driver's ability and skill. This is quite apparent in the WF class. Despite the inevitable griping that those out of the know will perpetuate this is a very equal and durable engine package.
Stewart Willis
Posted 2013-04-05 3:25 PM (#16367 - in reply to #16360)
Subject: Re: Affordable Cadet Class

Adding yet another cadet engine package is not the answer. ...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Phoenix Kart Racing Association 2009
(Delete all cookies set by this site)