Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars
Phoenix Kart Racing Association
Phoenix Kart Racing Association ->  General discussion -> General -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

total newbie here
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General discussion -> GeneralMessage format

Bernie Lacotta
Posted 2012-12-27 7:21 AM (#15943 - in reply to #15775)
Subject: Re: total newbie here

PKRA Board Member

Scott,Check your PM's
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Richard Bragg
Posted 2012-12-29 9:52 AM (#15949 - in reply to #15775)

I hadn't thought about racing myself but this discussion on WF sounds interesting/promising. I want to buy a kart! BUT - here's my question:
Is it fairly easy to race WF myself AND crew for my 9-year old son who wants to race again? (We did maybe 10 races for him in Kid Karts before outgrowing the class). So would I need someone to start the WF kart and is there enough time between classes to prep my kart and his? In prior races at the track , I was only looking after the Kid Kart so I never paid attention to the other classes - it's just the two of us.

BTW, I'm totally confused at the moment as to what class my soon to be 10-year old son should race in as there are so many classes so I guess I'm on the sidelines (for both of us) until I can figure out what class for him makes sense with the goal of keeping costs down (and be competitive) and a reasonable field to run with. Thanks for any thoughts on this too.
Mark Gorton
Posted 2012-12-29 11:49 AM (#15951 - in reply to #15949)

The WF's have a pull starter, easy to do yourself and hop in the kart, no worries there. Everything else depends on what you want to do. I do very little to no prep between races, mostly just air pressure but I am also just out for fun. I don't take this overly serious as long as i have people to race with its fun for me whether it is a battle for 6th or 1st, it all pays the same in the end. I can almost guarantee racing yourself will help your son get better because you will know firsthand what he is up against on the track (it looks a lot easier then it is)
Scott Johnson
Posted 2012-12-29 3:51 PM (#15952 - in reply to #15775)

Bernie I replied to your pm
Bernie Lacotta
Posted 2012-12-29 8:09 PM (#15953 - in reply to #15775)

PKRA Board Member

Richard,check the forum for the Cadets class thread (recent),good discussion and the board is in search of answers.
Erica Odello
Posted 2013-01-07 10:24 AM (#15992 - in reply to #15775)

Richard, the race-day organizers work very hard to put at least one class, usually more, between family members who all race so there's time to get everyone to the grid without a heard attack.
Johnny Pegna
Posted 2013-01-16 6:25 PM (#16057 - in reply to #15775)

Scott: It is KART...
And like Bernie and others have mentioned, GO to the track during the week and see what is out there...
What may interest you while being there may not be the proper item to start with(like shifters), but with some conversations WITH the KART owners, most all should make sense to you(ie. costs, maintenance, repair times and return for your $ fun!).

Bernie has the bright(beautiful red Margay), I have the fast but not too good looking blue one(lol...)

RICHARD: Yes, like Mark mentioned..., if you race, you will have a GREATER understanding of what happens with the kart, with the track and driver and then what/how to go about proceeding.

Get a W.F., you will be happy!
I add air in the tires, lube chain, make sure the proper amount of gasoline is in the tank and get on the track...

Edited by Johnny Pegna 2013-01-16 6:40 PM
Eric Vanderford
Posted 2013-01-17 4:30 PM (#16074 - in reply to #16057)

Johnny Pegna - 2013-01-16 6:25 PM

Scott: It is KART...
And like Bernie and others have mentioned, GO to the track during the week and see what is out there...
What may interest you while being there may not be the proper item to start with(like shifters), but with some conversations WITH the KART owners, most all should make sense to you(ie. costs, maintenance, repair times and return for your $ fun!).

Bernie has the bright(beautiful red Margay), I have the fast but not too good looking blue one(lol...)

RICHARD: Yes, like Mark mentioned..., if you race, you will have a GREATER understanding of what happens with the kart, with the track and driver and then what/how to go about proceeding.

Get a W.F., you will be happy!
I add air in the tires, lube chain, make sure the proper amount of gasoline is in the tank and get on the track...

Don't forget the oil?
Johnny Pegna
Posted 2013-01-19 12:03 AM (#16090 - in reply to #15775)

OUCH Eric, you didn't have to remind me or did you!?!

BTW, did do the R & R on the oil today!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Phoenix Kart Racing Association 2009
(Delete all cookies set by this site)